Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

UPDATE: On the Matter of Recruiting

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kesren
Admin
Kesren

UPDATE: On the Matter of Recruiting Empty
PostSubject: UPDATE: On the Matter of Recruiting   UPDATE: On the Matter of Recruiting I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 1:59 am

Recruiting is a go.

Let's make this clan lively and fun to be in!

Last edited by Kesren on Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lotta

Lotta

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: On the Matter of Recruiting   UPDATE: On the Matter of Recruiting I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 10:42 am

Hmm... Ok ok, I'll wait for your signal before allowing people to join or recruiting.
By the way  it's something I've been meaning to tell people and this is a good place to do it.

I was stalking Aura's forums the other day and apparently there are people who join a clan and then create another character with a name similar to a clannie's name. After this, they pm someone who they know is also in the clan and ask to borrow an item or money while pretending to be that member.
This is serious. Though I know it probably won't happen with megaten members from protopia, it's something that might happen around possible new members... it's worrisome so be let's be careful with recruiting Surprised
Back to top Go down
Kesren
Admin
Kesren

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: On the Matter of Recruiting   UPDATE: On the Matter of Recruiting I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 3:25 pm

Smile
Back to top Go down
Mimyru

Mimyru

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: On the Matter of Recruiting   UPDATE: On the Matter of Recruiting I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 10:04 am

chlj wrote:
Hmm... Ok ok, I'll wait for your signal before allowing people to join or recruiting.
By the way  it's something I've been meaning to tell people and this is a good place to do it.

I was stalking Aura's forums the other day and apparently there are people who join a clan and then create another character with a name similar to a clannie's name. After this, they pm someone who they know is also in the clan and ask to borrow an item or money while pretending to be that member.
This is serious. Though I know it probably won't happen with megaten members from protopia, it's something that might happen around possible new members... it's worrisome so be let's be careful with recruiting Surprised

This is an issue, however honestly I blame the people who had items stolen...they should pay closer attention to character names like that. I mean, I'm close enough to my friends and clannies that I would notice if something in their name was different...

Aside from my criticism, is there a particular server that this was reported on? I would think it would be more apparent on Hydra, with the foreign players.

At any rate, it is a serious issue and we should be cautious ourselves, while also warning new clan members. We've been playing MMOs for a while so we're all used to scams like these, however some new members might not know that these things happen, and may mistake an imposter for one of us.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UPDATE: On the Matter of Recruiting   UPDATE: On the Matter of Recruiting I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

UPDATE: On the Matter of Recruiting
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Aura Kingdom - Clan Protopia :: Announcements-
Jump to: