Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Welcome all to The Fanfiction Threads

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SkySaber

SkySaber

Welcome all to The Fanfiction Threads Empty
PostSubject: Welcome all to The Fanfiction Threads   Welcome all to The Fanfiction Threads I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 5:59 pm

So fan-fiction is my guilty pleasure.

I read it all the time and have it ready on my cell phone to read more when i go out. Be it with family or friends I always hide it and answer something like "oh just reading a book" I won't let anyone know I'm reading a fan-fiction.

Yes the writing is mostly terrible and there are terrible plots and also terrible terrible terrible (x4) people who decide to do terrible things with the characters we all know and love.

I hope those who share a like for fan-fiction will create threads about stories they like or would like others to know about. We can all get together and trash a story we don't like or silently nod heads to a story we all do end up enjoying.

Either way have fun and keep on reading.

-Skysaber

Back to top Go down
Rhissy

Rhissy

PostSubject: Re: Welcome all to The Fanfiction Threads   Welcome all to The Fanfiction Threads I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 7:27 pm

Any black butler fanfictions? :3
Back to top Go down
SkySaber

SkySaber

PostSubject: Re: Welcome all to The Fanfiction Threads   Welcome all to The Fanfiction Threads I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 9:02 pm

not my cup of tea, The anime wasn't to my enjoyment and the Yaoi/Shotacon that came form that was not something any real man would agre to Sad

If you have a fanfiction from the seriesthat is good though please post a link.
Back to top Go down
Rhissy

Rhissy

PostSubject: Re: Welcome all to The Fanfiction Threads   Welcome all to The Fanfiction Threads I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 9:52 pm

I was asking because I don't read a lot of fanfiction. So, I wanted to see if you had any. xD
Back to top Go down
Kesren
Admin
Kesren

PostSubject: Re: Welcome all to The Fanfiction Threads   Welcome all to The Fanfiction Threads I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 12:42 am

I think what might help would be listing what animes/shows/movies/games you are looking for fanfiction from. Also if you say what you don't like to read.

Example: Harry Potter fanfiction but no slash/yaoi Wink
Back to top Go down
Denauli

Denauli

PostSubject: Re: Welcome all to The Fanfiction Threads   Welcome all to The Fanfiction Threads I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 4:51 am

I always get random inspiration for fan fiction. I've just never stuck with it long enough to flush out a proper story. Creative writing doesn't come naturally to me. That, and the things that inspire me usually aren't very popular to begin with, so potential feedback always seemed like it would be limited anyways.

But I look forward to seeing how these threads will develop ^_^

Oh, and what's Harry Potter fan fiction if it's not slash/yaoi  Question  lol
Back to top Go down
SkySaber

SkySaber

PostSubject: Re: Welcome all to The Fanfiction Threads   Welcome all to The Fanfiction Threads I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 11:47 am

lolz Denauli.

I can't write fanfiction and stick to writing original work.

Sadly this original work is done because my friends ask me to run DnD sessions for them. SO i have to write out a story for them. Most of the times i have to do something on the spot though.

Ill make sure to read your work as you post it and give you full commentary though, its what i do.

Last edited by SkySaber on Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kesren
Admin
Kesren

PostSubject: Re: Welcome all to The Fanfiction Threads   Welcome all to The Fanfiction Threads I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 4:17 pm

Denauli wrote:
Oh, and what's Harry Potter fan fiction if it's not slash/yaoi  Question  lol

There's quite a few Gen fics, ones with no pairings, but they have a plot point. There's also AUs (Alternate Universe). The characters could be university students, work as cops, be all in one business. Or an AU could be something like, "plot plot plot, also, Sirius didn't die!".

If there's a specific pairing you like, Harry/Ginny for example, or Ron/Hermoine, it's pretty easy to find good fics with those pairings in there if you specify on search engines.

For myself, I like Doctor Who, Sherlock, Supernatural, Avengers, and LotR/The Hobbit fanfiction at the moment. My fanfiction interests change depending on what I'm into at the time.

The two -for sure- pairings that I love are Tony/Pepper and The Doctor/Rose. :V

Everything else varies.
Back to top Go down
Lotta

Lotta

PostSubject: Re: Welcome all to The Fanfiction Threads   Welcome all to The Fanfiction Threads I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 6:16 pm

I am a Snape/Hermione fan...though I don't often admit it. I've found two or three really well written ones about them.
I used to enjoy LotR fics a lot more back when I actually had enough patience to hunt through all the "girl from our world mysteriously gets teleported into the book. But oh! She doesn't even like the story! And oh! She's not a Mary-Sue!" God...*rubs face*

The good thing about fanfiction is when a story you love reaches the end, you don't need to just stop there. Fanfiction allows you to explore the world, the characters and the plot until you really feel ready to put it behind you. The bad thing is it's incredibly hard to find one that actually has a decent plot and writing style. And even worse is the fact that, when you finally manage to find that perfect story that satisfies all your biggest desires...there's a big probability it might not get finished.

By the way I thought fanfiction thread was a place where we could post our own fanfiction Surprised
I don't usually write fanfiction but I do write short stories/plays/poems once in a while...can I share them here?
Back to top Go down
SkySaber

SkySaber

PostSubject: Re: Welcome all to The Fanfiction Threads   Welcome all to The Fanfiction Threads I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 2:56 am

Please do share them, this thread is more of discussion of a common interest. just make another thread and we will all migrate to read.

This weekend ill be posting my world to see if its detailed enough to use in a game with my friends. I hope you guys read it and give me some suggestions.
Back to top Go down
Lotta

Lotta

PostSubject: Re: Welcome all to The Fanfiction Threads   Welcome all to The Fanfiction Threads I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 10:52 am

Will do ^_^
For a game? Like rpg maker game or something more advanced? Surprised
Back to top Go down
SkySaber

SkySaber

PostSubject: Re: Welcome all to The Fanfiction Threads   Welcome all to The Fanfiction Threads I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 1:32 pm

yeah table roleplaying game where all you need is dice, friends and an imagination.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome all to The Fanfiction Threads   Welcome all to The Fanfiction Threads I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Welcome all to The Fanfiction Threads
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Discussion :: Fanfics, Stories & Poetry-
Jump to: