HomeCalendarFAQSearchUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Do you want a rich yet short book? look no more!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SkySaber

PostSubject: Do you want a rich yet short book? look no more!   Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:19 pm

If your looking for a novel length book thats easy to understand yet so entrapping in it's mysteries you can't seem to stop reading? I have a book for you

The Alchemist by Paolu Coelho

I read this a year ago and it became my favorite book.  I even wrote a 15 page paper for it at my university applying what I learned in Shin Megami Tensei (HA! parents said games would lead to nothing!) Applying archetypes such as the fool, magician, and emperor to characters in the book using legends (the demons in SMT) and their archetypes. I got an A.

So once again if you would like a easy book to read for enjoyment or for a school paper I suggest the Alchemist Smile
Back to top Go down
Denauli

PostSubject: Re: Do you want a rich yet short book? look no more!   Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:14 am

This is one of those titles that I feel started popping up everywhere. By that I mean my ex's roommate had a copy and I saw it at Target *shrugs*. But I got a hold of a copy recently when I started going on a reading marathon.

I was surprised by its length. With some dedication it's possible to finish it in one sitting. But despite its brevity, it is a very fulfilling story. There was never point where I stopped myself and said "why the heck is this happening."

I'd be interested in reading your analysis, if you're ever up for sharing.  Smile
Back to top Go down

Do you want a rich yet short book? look no more!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1